Welcome to our Governors' section.
Please find below details of how our Governing body is structured, including the names, categories, responsibilities and terms of appointment for each Governor.
We have also provided a Register of Governor Interests and an Annual Statement of Issues for your information.
At full governing meetings we set aims and objectives for the school. We view and discuss the headteachers report, updates, attendance and discuss pupil achievement. We monitor our school development plan and safe guarding. We set a focus for monitoring visits and receive feed back once they have been completed. We challenge and support the headteacher in all that she does. We set targets that enable us to achieve our aims and objectives.
|Mrs Amanda McGarrigle|
Ms Lisa Miles
Mr Graham Rock
Vice Chair of Governors
Pupil Premium Governor
Mrs Carol Sepet
Appointed by the PCC of St Mary's Church. Term of office until 31.10.21
Safeguarding Children Governor
Mrs Natasha Davison
Appointed by the staff. Term of office until 31.8.18
|Fr Dane Batley-Gladden|
Chair of Governors
Mr Tom Narraway
|Mr Nathanael Watson||Parent Governor|
Mr Paul Williams
Term of office until 06.02.23
|Mrs Carol Thomas||Clerk|
|Mr Peter Smith|
7th October 2020 Full Governing Body meeting
14th October Strategy Committee meeting
25th November 2020 Strategy Committee meeting
2nd December 2020 Full Governing Body meeting
6th January 2021 Strategy Committee meeting
3rd February 2021 Full Governing Body meeting
21st April 2021 Strategy Committee meeting
26th May 2021 Full Governing Body meeting
16th June 2021 Strategy Committee meeting
14th July Full Governing Body meeting
School Development Plan 2021-2022
For this school year the Governing Body ratified a school development plan with the following priorities:
1) To improve outcomes for mathematics across the school. The lead member of staff for this priority is Mrs Pooley; and the lead Governor is Mr Williams.
2) To ensure that our phonics provision demonstrates fidelity to the phonics scheme (Floppy's Phonics), and better supports the lowest 20% of pupils. The lead teacher for this priority is Miss Orpin; and the lead Governor is Mr Rock.
3) Attendance to be above the national average to ensure all pupils access school life fully. The lead staff for this priority are Mrs McGarrigle, Mrs Kennedy and Mrs Smith (SEASS). The lead Governors are Mrs Sepet and Mrs Miles.
4) Safeguarding procedures to be updated in light of changes to leadership, covid procedures and local priorities. The lead teacher for this is Mrs McGarrigle; and the lead Governor is Mr Narraway.
5) New classes will be fully open, and the Governor expansion project will be complete and operational. The lead staff for this priority are Mrs McGarrigle, Miss Sepet and Mrs Shelton. The lead Governors are Fr Dane Batley Gladden, Mr Narraway, Mrs Davison, and Mrs Sepet.
The Kent Governor Adviser for this area is:
Mrs Jude Johnson 03000 410924