Dahl Class Year 2
Welcome to Dahl Class!
You can use this page of the website to find out about Year 2's weekly timetable, what topics we will be studying during the current term and throughout the year, and find out what each week's homework is.
Homework is due in on a Friday. Reading books will be changed on a Wednesday and a Friday when possible, but please ensure that your child brings their reading book in to school every day. Friday will also be PE days so please ensure that your child's trainers or plimsolls are in school, their hair is tied up and if possible earrings are removed.
We will also add details of the fun activities we have been taking part in.
We hope the children will have a fantastic year with us in Year 2.
If you have any questions please do come and see us.
Miss Orpin and Ms Leadbeater.
This is your homework for the week. If you need any of the sheets again please come and ask!
Find Year 2's Yearly Plan, Timetable and Topic Webs below:
This term in English we are reading:
- "Lila and the Secret Rain" by David Conway and Jude Daly.
- "One Day, On Our Blue Planet... In The Savannah" by Ella Bayley.
Please DO NOT read these books with your children as it will ruin the slow build up and surprise we use in our English lessons.
If you would like to read a similar book to your child then this term I would recommend:
- "Furaha Means Happy: a book of Swahili Words" by Ken Wilson-Max.
- "Mama Panya's Pancakes" by Mary and Rich Chamberlin.
- "The Day the Rains Fell" by Anne Faundez.
- "Handa's Surprise" and "Handa's Hen" by Eileen Browne.
- "Bringing the Rain to Kapiti Plain" by Verna Ardeena.
- "Mara Serengeti: A Photographer's Paradise" by Jonathon and Angela Scott.
- "The Most Important Gift of All" by David Conway.
- "One Night, Far From Here" by Julia Wauters.
- " We All Went on Safari" by Laurie Krebs.
- "African Animal Tales collection" by Mwende Hadithi.
- "A is for Africa" by Ifeoma Onyefulu.
Check out some of our favourite Maths games to play!