Dahl Class Year 2
Welcome to Dahl Class!
Year 2's day is from 8:50am - 3:20pm and they come through Gate B (the car park gate).
You can use this page of the website to find out about Year 2's weekly timetable, what topics we will be studying during the current term and throughout the year, and find out what each week's homework is.
Homework is due in on a Friday. Reading books will be changed on a Wednesday and a Friday when possible, but please ensure that your child brings their reading book in to school every day. Friday will also be PE days so please ensure that your child comes to school dressed in a dark tracksuit or sports clothes with trainers, their hair is tied up and if possible earrings are removed.
We will also add details of the fun activities we have been taking part in.
We hope the children will have a fantastic year with us in Year 2.
If you have any questions please do come and see us.
Miss Orpin and Mrs Manwaring.
Check out some of our favourite Maths games to play!
This is your homework for the week. If you need any of the sheets again please come and ask!
Find Year 2's Yearly Plan, Timetable and Long Term plans below:
This term in English we are reading:
- "The Jolly Postman" by Janet & Allan Ahlberg.
- "The Day the Crayons Quit" by Drew Daywalt.
Please DO NOT read these books with your children as it will ruin the slow build up and surprise we use in our English lessons.
If you would like to read a similar book ,or a book to aid their learning around our topic, to your child then this term I would recommend:
- "Katie Morag Delivers the Mail" by Mairi Hedderwick.
- "Dear Mother Goose" by Michael Rosen.
- "Dear Fairy Godmother" by Michael Rosen.
- "Mixes Up Fairytales" by Hilary Robinson
- "Each Peach Pear Plum" by Janet & Alan Ahlberg.
- "Who's Afraid of the Big Bad Book?" by Lauren Child.
- "Beware the Storybook Wolves" by Lauren Child.
- "I am so Strong" by Mario Ramos.
- "Goldilocks and Just the One Bear" by Leigh Hodgkinson.
You could also read any of these Stories:
- Goldilocks and the Three Bears
- Hansel and Gretel
- Sleeping Beauty
- Jack and the Beanstalk
- East of the Sun
- West of the Moon
- The Little Mermaid
- Peter Piper
- Little Red Riding Hood
- Three Little Pigs
- Mother Goose
Or any of these rhymes:
- Old King Cole
- Incy Wincey Spider
- There was an Old Woman who lived in a Shoe
- Hey Diddle Diddle
- Simple Simon
- There was a Crooked Man
- Little Jack Horner
- Eeny, Meeny, Miny Mo
- Humpty Dumpty
- Jack and Jill
- The Queen of Hearts
- Sing a Song of Sixpence
- Little Miss Muffet
- Pat a Cake
- Baby Bunting
- Three Blind Mice
- Baa Baa Black Sheep