"Let the children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these." Luke 18:16
We believe that it is our mission at St Mary's CE Primary School, to enable pupils to meet confidently the challenges of adulthood, by striving for academic success and developing strong relationships based on the Gospel values of trust and respect.
The school aims to:
* Provide a first class education which ensures that all pupils are successful.
* Give students the experience of life in a Christian community.
* Affirming every individual as a unique part of God's creation, and nurturing in every person a sense of dignity and self worth.
* Foster caring relationships, a team spirit and respect for others.
* Inspiring students to develop and foster their academic abilities and talents to their full potential.
* To develop individuals intellectually, physically, socially, emotionally and spiritually.
* Provide a broad and balanced curriculum, rooted in a Christian foundation which meets the needs of all its pupils.
* To foster life long learning.
*To support and encourage staff in carrying out their professional duties in the support of excellence.
* To provide a learning environment and school community to be proud of.
The Christian Values that we focus upon in our work in school are:
"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of heavenly lights."
We seek to develop the potential of every child through an excellent education, a faith in God, and the development of a family within the school to support and encourage in all we do.
"A new command I give you, love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another." John 13:34-35
"Whoever walks in integrity walks securely, but whoever takes crooked paths will be found out."
"Let love and faithfulness never leave you, bind them around your neck, write them on the tablet of your heart. Then you will win favour and a good name in the sight of God and man."
The Bible story of the storm on the lake shows a time when Jesus encouraged his disciples to have the courage and determination to carry on even when they were worried or frightened, and wanted to give up.